There are many ways for you to develop your career through activities such as training and delivering presentations for example, but it can be more difficult to find opportunities to grow your management or project skills. Volunteering for Institute activities can help to fill that gap.
Volunteering shows that you are a dedicated professional, willing to give something back to a discipline that has given you the chance to see and experience things no other single discipline could.
There are a variety of volunteering opportunities open to you which can be very rewarding and add to your own CPD.
- Be an assessor: open to Registered Members & Fellows. Extend your skills in developing professionalism in others.
- Be a part of project team: open to all grades. Improve your team working and communication skills.
- Be a mentor: open to Registered Members & Fellows. Grow your leadership, management and communication skills.
- Be a reviewer: open to Registered Members & Fellows. Get experience in evaluating and providing feedback on the written skills of others.
- Be on the conference secretariat: open to Students. Get team working skills and experience in running a major event.
- Be on a committee: open to all grades. Improve your team working and communication skills.