Access to and use of this website both within the UK and internationally is provided by the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors (CIEHF) on the following terms.
1. This website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. By using this website you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the site. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to the site. We may change these terms from time to time so you should check these terms regularly.
Use of this site
2. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this domain. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
4. All user accounts must be registered with a real name and a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
Disclaimers & limitations of liability
5. Whilst we make every effort to keep the information on this domain accurate, we disclaim any liability for any warranty or representation, express or implied about the accuracy, completeness or appropriateness of that information for a particular purpose and you must satisfy yourself on these matters before using such information. Accordingly, you assume full responsibility for using the information on this website, and you understand and agree that by doing so neither the CIEHF nor its employees are responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use.
6. Web site material and that relating to third party information, products and services is provided ‘as is’, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness or a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
7. A proportion of content posted on this site is created by members of the CIEHF. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the CIEHF. We are not responsible for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through this site.
8. Although we do strictly monitor discussions, comments, postings and the like, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content, nor for any error, omission, infringement, defamation, obscenity, or inaccuracy contained in any information on this site.
9. We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the service that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits arising out of or in connection with this site.
10. We add links to third party sites to help you find more information as a service to you. However we cannot be held responsible for the content of any external site linked to from within this site. Any links to third party websites from this domain do not amount to any endorsement of that site by the CIEHF and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
11. Personal abuse will not be tolerated in any comments posted, under any circumstances. If you are offended by another user’s post or conduct you should contact a moderator rather than responding in kind.
12. Swearing of any kind is not permitted in any comment. If in doubt as to whether what you are about to post would be considered swearing, err on the side of caution and do not post it.
13. Images, links or other content which other users may find obscene or offensive must not be posted. This includes, but is not limited to, racism, sexism, incitement to violence or extreme religious or political views. Discussion of any activity which is illegal in the UK is not permitted.
14. Commercial or personal advertising is not permitted except with the express agreement of the site administrators. If you wish to post a link to a commercial site, or your own personal site, then please contact the administrators before posting.
15. Discussion of moderator actions in comments is not permitted. If you have any issue with a moderator’s actions then contact them directly by PM. If you are unhappy with their response then contact the site administrator. The site administrator’s decision is final.
16. While the administrators and moderators of any comments will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all comments made express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
17. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this site have the right to remove or edit any comment at any time should they see fit.
18. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.